I find that I’m starting to try to recreate meals from restaurants. I had *breaded* buffalo cauliflower while I was out the other day, and decided to try to make a healthier version of this.
With a little research on the internet, I found a simple recipe that was just spicy and savory enough I made it twice in a week!
I was inspired by Sweat with Bec’s take on this recipe. She used Ghee butter which had me do a little more digging on the product. It’s a more clarified butter that excludes the bad fat and keeps the good in (like CLA) when packaged and has a super high smoke point, meaning it’s great for cooking!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 3 tbs ghee
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup Yuengling’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp of Turmeric
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbs Bragg liquid amino acids
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt and black pepper
- 1 head of Cauliflower
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash Cauliflower and chop into bite size pieces, place on a baking tray, lightly spray with coconut oil and bake for about 20 minutes
- Then, preheat pan on a medium heat, add garlic and ghee, simmer for about two minutes, then add in the hot sauce, turmeric, liquid aminos, lemon juice, salt and pepper. • Take a wooden spoon and gently stir the mix to combine all ingredients as it continues to simmer for another 5 mins.
- Take the pan off the heat and transfer mix to a bowl and whisk so the ingredients combine and it looks more like a thicker sauce.
- Take cauliflower out of the oven and into a bowl, add the sauce on the veg and stir for about a minute cover all surface area!
- Place sauced cauliflower back on the pan, separate on the sheet, and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes. If you want them crispier. Broil for 5 mins!
Make as an app on gameday or if you’re just in the mood for a savory treat!
The Atomic She