Have you ever had a moment when you’re like, “I can’t believe I’ve never tired X in my life.” Well that happened to me last week when I had creamed spinach for the first time a week ago.Yeah, I know creamed spinach is nothing ground-breaking but it was SO GOOD. My dad has always raved about it when we go out to eat, but per the word ‘cream’ had always assumed it was high in fat.
Ever since that lunch I’ve been trying to think of ways to make it without making JUST creamed spinach. On the hunt of looking up ideas I stumble upon a version that had it over oven baked chicken breast and I thought that was brilliant. I’m sure you can also use the same ingredients to make a stuffed chicken with creamed spinach, but I kept it simple as I didn’t want to over complicate things!
I felt that I could make it in a functional way without being Popeye crazy about it. I also thought adding something with a little more zest could be good. And with that I made Creamed Spinach Oven Baked Chicken Breast with Sun Dried Tomatoes. Overall this recipe is SO EASY to make and makes it more delectable.
I think that chicken breast can get boring very fast, but as the fall and winter months approach I find myself more in the mood for something a little heartier at night. I can get uninspired quickly, but this has been thinking I could do a lot of fun thinking on top and even make some stuffed versions of this!
You won’t need much for prep work, all you need are a few mixing bowls, access to an oven, and parchment paper. Prep time should only take you a few minutes 5-8 at most, and the chicken shouldn’t take any longer than 15 minutes. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 package of chicken breast
- Salt/Pepper/Seasoning to your liking
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1/4 sun dried tomatoes dry packaged
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 425F
1. Take chicken breast and cut pieces in half into smaller pieces so they are about 1 inch wide
2. Season with salt and pepper chicken, you can even add some lemon, then place parchment paper on baking sheet to lay chicken on.
3 Meanwhile, take 3 cups spinach on the pan and put over heat with a touch of EVOO until spinach becomes wilted
4. Take 3oz of cream cheese and heat up in microwave, add 3/4 cup of shredded cheese about half way through
5. Then mix cheese, spinach, sun dried tomatoes together. You can also add in additional ingredients like minced garlic or onions or garlic salt
6. Place mixture over seasoned chicken on parchment paper and have it cover roughly the entire top part of the chicken
7. Put in over for about 14 minutes-16 minutes
8. Take it out and let it cool
And then after dinner you can make a delicious dessert!